Logo van Gemeente Dongen

Moving from abroad

If you’re moving to Dongen from abroad, and are planning on staying for more than 4 months, you’ll need to register as a resident in our municipality. 


Please contact us within 5 days of your arrival to schedule an appointment to complete your registration. You can do so by calling 14 0162 or sending an email to burgerzaken@dongen.nl. All family members and children need to be present at the appointment. You will need to bring the following documents to your appointment:

  • A valid passport or identity card
  • An original birth certificate, which must be written in, or translated to English, French or German
  • If you are married; an original marriage certificate
  • Rental agreement or proof of purchase 
  • If you are moving in with someone else; a copy of the valid identity document of the owner/main occupant and a written declaration of consent from the owner/main occupant.

Legalized documents

Please note that the certificates need to be authenticated (legalized). Learn more about legalizing documents.  Depending on your situation you may also need to provide other certificates, of which you will be informed during your appointment. If you don’t have all the required documents, you have 3 months to obtain them. Once you’ve received these documents you need to make a new appointment with Civil Affairs.

Non-residents Records Database (RNI)

If you are planning to stay for no more than 4 months, you need to register at the Non-residents Records Database (RNI). You will receive a citizen service number (BSN) upon registration. For more information and locations please refer to this website.

More information

More information on moving to the Netherlands from the EU/EEA or Switzerland can be found on this website.